Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Miracle Bread


This is from my friend Kay Lynn- she took a class and shared it with me:


**Note: if you are making this in a KitchenAid, halve the recipe and make 2 loaves of bread.**

10 1/2 c. white bread flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. salt
3 rounded tablespoons saf-instant yeast
3 T. liquid lecithin (I didn't have lecithin, so I used 1/3 c. oil)
4 c. hot tap water

Mix dry ingredients. Add lecithin (or oil) and water. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add a little more water. Dough should be very sticky. Mix for 5 minutes. (Do not add flour to the dough after it has finished mixing.) Spray counter and pans with Pam. Shape loaves, place in pans and cover with a dish towel. Let rise 25 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Makes 4 loaves.

For whole wheat bread, use the same recipe only with whole wheat flour; replace one cup of the hot water with applesauce, and add 1 additional tablespoon lecithin. Mix for ten minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe Hannah!!! I can't wait to make this on my own for my family! It is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DELICIOUS! Karen brought some up to my house after you guys made it....YUMMY! I can't wait to try making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made 5 loaves this morning (two of which were mini loaves) and it is great! I love how easy it is and I even screwed it up by halving only part of the recipe and then going back and adding the rest after all of the wet ingredients had been added. It turned out great! I also did the full recipe, because of my screw up, in my kitchenaid and it worked out well. Thanks Hannah.

    ReplyDelete