Thursday, March 19, 2009

Egg Rolls

EGG ROLLS


These are not typical "Chinese eggrolls" They are more of a polynesian type. My parents learned to make these when we lived in Hawaii.

1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage (the HOT one gives better flavor in my opinion)

1 can Bean Sprouts

1 can sliced water chestnuts

1 small head of cabbage

1 pkg. Egg Roll wraps

cook the sausage until browned throughout. drain remaing grease. I like to put it in a colander and let it drip while I do the rest so they aren't as greasy. Chop cabbage. In a bowl put cabbage, sprouts, and water chestnuts (I like to run my knife through the chestnuts a couple times or they make it hard to wrap the eggrolls. Add sausage and stir mixture together. Put mixture by spoonfuls in to wraps and roll. Deep Fry tell golden brown. Serve with Sweet and Sour sauce (we think the red La Choy brand is the best with these)!

1 comment:

  1. I am making these next week! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete